Learn my no fail formula for simple charcuteries boards that can be tailored for any occasion. Easy, adaptable, and delicious – yes, please!
This simple charcuterie board formula will help you put together an impressive display all year long. And for holidays, simply replace the cheese, crackers, fruit and nuts to fit the occasion along with festive toothpicks or decorations.
What’s The Formula?
My no-fail charcuterie board formula works for any size board. This recipe serves six, and can be easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled to feed a crowd.
The formula is:
- 1 dip or condiment, like jam or mustard
- 2 cheeses
- 2 meats
- 2 styles of crackers
- 1 fresh fruit
- 1 dried fruit
- 1 type of nut
How To Select Ingredients
You just have to make selections for each part of the formula and arrange on your board or platter for a delicious but simple charcuterie board.
Pick based on a theme – whether that’s a holiday (like this Christmas charcuterie board), a part of the world, or even the colors you’re including – or just use all your favorites. It’s always a good time for a snack board. I’ve included an example of my go-to ingredients for an everyday board in the recipe card below.
How To Make A Simple Charcuterie Board
To make this simple charcuterie board, first select a 10-inch round board, plate, or platter. Then, in a small bowl or ramekin add your choice of jam or mustard. I think a nice grainy mustard is really great here. Place the bowl near the corner or edge of the board or platter as a focal point, and to provide room for the other ingredients.
Arrange the crackers around the edge of the board or platter on either side of the jam. Then add the cheese around the edge of the board or platter, opposite the jam.
Add the meats and grapes in the middle of the board or platter, and then fill in the spaces with the nuts and dried fruit.
For an in-depth how-to, check out my post, How to Make a Charcuterie Board. I’ve got charts to help you visualize how to arrange on platters of various shapes and great tips for you.
More Delicious Snack Boards
Want to switch it up for your snacking? I recently got into the butter boards as well, where you spread softened butter and top it with different flavors and then scoop it all up with bread. You can take that idea and make Cream Cheese Boards for brunch or this Whipped Feta Board for a great appetizer.Print
This recipe is designed for a 10-inch platter or serving board. For larger platters or serving boards, the recipe can be easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled.
- 1/4 cup favorite jam or mustard
- 8 thin slices Gouda
- 8 thin slices Cheddar
- 8 thin slices Genoa salami or pepperoni
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or other cured meat
- 20 assorted crackers
- 1 small bunch red grapes, snipped into small bunches
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or favorite dried fruit
- 1 cup almonds, cashews, or favorite nut
- In a small bowl or ramekin add jam or mustard.
- Place bowl near the corner or edge of charcuterie board or platter.
- Arrange crackers around edge of board or platter on either side of jam.
- Add cheese around edge of board opposite of jam.
- Add meats and grapes in middle of board or platter.
- Fill in spaces with nuts and dried cranberries.