What do you do when you’re craving s’mores but the weather is bad or there’s no place for a fire? You make Oven S’mores!
Oven S’mores, cooked for less than a minute under the broiler, is my new favorite way to make them, especially when I’m craving a treat during the Florida summer when it’s too hot for a campfire.
The recipe uses all of the same ingredients as the s’mores you’d make for the campfire—graham crackers, chocolate bars, and marshmallows. But there’s no standing in front of a fire holding a long stick with a marshmallow on the end (that almost always burns or falls into the fire). All of the ingredients are stacked on a sheet pan and broiled for about 30 seconds.
How To Make Oven S’mores
Position your oven rack to the upper-middle slot, and preheat the oven broiler to high. Grab a pack of your favorite graham crackers. They can be plain, cinnamon, chocolate, or any flavor, and place them about a half of an inch apart on a large sheet pan.
Break each of the chocolate bars into four pieces, and place one piece on top of each of the graham crackers. Pick up the largest marshmallows you can find at the grocery store, or make your own Homemade Marshmallows and cut them to any size you’d like.
Place one marshmallow on top of the chocolate and pop the pan under the broiler. Don’t walk away from the oven though, because the marshmallows will quickly toast. I like to leave my oven door open just a little bit so I can keep an eye on the marshmallows. After about 30 seconds, the marshmallows will be perfectly toasted on top, and the chocolate will be just beginning to melt.
Remove the pan from the oven and immediately top each s’more with another graham cracker, gently pressing it into the marshmallow to make a cookie sandwich.
Switch Up Your S’mores!
These oven s’mores are great on their own, and easy to make for a crowd since they only take 30-seconds to cook. My favorite way to enjoy these though is on top of an ice cream sundae slathered in chocolate sauce.
There are lots of other flavors you can add to the s’mores stacks before they go into the oven, too. Try peanut butter, jam or jelly, caramel, or flavored chocolate. Get creative!Print
Enjoy S’mores all year ‘round when you make them in the oven.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make these S’mores, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:
- 16 graham cracker squares
- 2 full-size milk chocolate candy bars
- 8 large marshmallows
- Set oven rack to upper-middle position. Preheat broiler to high.
- Divide each chocolate bar into four pieces.
- On a large sheet plan place 8 graham crackers in a single layer, about ½-inch apart.
- Place one piece of chocolate on each of the 8 graham crackers; top with one marshmallow.
- Place pan in oven. Broil until marshmallow is toasted, about 30-40 seconds.
- Remove pan from oven. Immediately top each marshmallow with one of the remaining graham cracker squares; lightly press graham cracker onto marshmallow.
- Serve s’mores warm or at room temperature.