With this recipe for Instant Pot Ribs, you can have tender, flavorful ribs on the table in under an hour. It’s true!
- 2 – 3 lbs. baby back ribs, membrane removed
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- your favorite barbecue sauce
- Rinse the ribs and pat dry. Remove the membrane from the bone side of the ribs. For a quick tutorial, check out this video.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over both sides of the ribs.
- Put the trivet in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Pour the apple cider vinegar in.
- Roll the ribs into a “C” shape and place them with the cut side of the ribs on the trivet.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is in the sealed position.
- Select PRESSURE COOK and cook on high. Adjust the [+] or [-] button to set 22 minutes of pressure cooking time. If you prefer fall-off-the-bone, set the timer for 28 minutes.
- When time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then turn the steam release handle to the venting position to release any remaining steam.
- When the valve has dropped, unlock the lid and open carefully.
- Transfer the ribs to a baking sheet, brush with your favorite barbecue sauce and place under the broiler for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce and plenty of napkins.
If you prefer spare ribs, increase the pressure cooking time to 30 minutes and allow to release naturally for 15 minutes.