Beef Pot Roast is synonymous with Sunday Suppers, but with this Instant Pot recipe, you can have the reserved-for-the-weekend dinner any night of the week.
- 1 (3 lb.) beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, cut into eighths
- 3 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Season the roast with salt and pepper, making sure that all sides are covered. Set aside.
- Add oil to the inner pot and select SAUTÉ to pre-heat. When the indicator says HOT, add the roast to the inner pot and brown on all sides. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add the onion and the garlic to the inner pot and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the red wine and deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom to loosen all of the tasty bits.
- Add the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and thyme. Stir to combine and add the beef back into the pot.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is in the sealed position. Select Pressure Cook and cook on high. Set 60 minutes of pressure cooking time.
- When time is up, naturally release for 10 minutes. Turn the steam release handle to the venting position to release any remaining steam.
- When the valve has dropped, unlock the lid and open carefully.
- Remove to a cutting board and cut against the grain or shred and serve with your favorite side.