This one pan dinner uses frozen shrimp (straight from freezer to oven) and is ready in 15 minutes from start to finish. It doesn’t get better than that!
Yesterday I showed you how to cook shrimp straight from frozen. To me, this makes frozen shrimp more convenient than ever to have on hand. You can get home after a busy day and start cooking immediately, no need to defrost anything.
Making One-Pan Shrimp And Asparagus
To make this dinner, you preheat your oven to 450°F. Then wash your asparagus and trim away the tough ends. Lay them along one side of large baking pan (a heavy duty one like this).
Get your shrimp from the freezer and spread them out on the other half of the pan. You want them in a single layer but it’s fine if they overlap a bit here and there.
Drizzle the shrimp and asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Then put it straight into the oven (it’s fine if it hasn’t quite finished preheating yet). Yes, the shrimp are still frozen but don’t worry: They’re going to defrost and cook in exactly the amount of time that your asparagus needs to cook, about 10 minutes. Yep, just 10 minutes.
When the shrimp are opaque and pink and the asparagus are softened, in 10 minutes like I said, pull the pan out. Squeeze some lemon over everything and serve.
Lickety lickety lickety split! Who doesn’t love that trick of a dinner?
Enjoy! – Christine :-)Print
One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This one pan dinner uses frozen shrimp (straight form freezer to oven) and is ready in 15 minutes from start to finish. It doesn’t get better than that!
Note that this recipe makes about 3 servings. I’d say it’s 2-4 servings depending on appetite. If you want to make extra though, don’t just add more to the pan. Things won’t cook right. Instead, use two pans, each with half of the shrimp and half of the asparagus.
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed of tough ends
- 1 lb. large (21–30 per pound) peeled and deveined frozen shrimp with tail on
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Arrange asparagus along one side of a large baking sheet. Arrange frozen shrimp along other side of pan in a single layer (it’s fine if a few overlap here and there).
- Drizzle asparagus and shrimp with olive oil. Sprinkled them all with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Put pan into oven (even if it’s not quite preheated yet).
- Bake until shrimp are opaque and pink and the asparagus is softened, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Squeeze the juice from the 1/2 of a lemon over everything. Serve.
Leave a Reply