This Shrimp Scampi Bake is really quick and easy twist on the classic. You cook the noodles then toss them with a cream-cheese and garlic sauce and shrimp. Bake until it’s all heated through. So good. So easy.
- 12 oz. uncooked spaghetti
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 lb. raw, peeled, tail-off medium-sized shrimp
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions but scoop out 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid just before you drain it the pasta.
- Meanwhile, put the cream cheese and butter in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until butter is melted. Use a whisk to really stir it up and get it incorporated together. Stir in the 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water, the parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the drained pasta to a 9×13″ cake pan or casserole. Add the cream cheese sauce and stir to combine. Add the raw shrimp and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Stir again. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake until shrimp are cooked through (you can tell because they’ve all turned really pink and curled up) and the cheese on top is starting to brown, about 30 minutes.