A big pot of soup full of all the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger. Everyone’s going to love this one. A lot. To make this soup in under 15 minutes first read through the recipe. As you read gather together all of the ingredients, tools, pots and pans that you’ll need so that everything is at your fingertips. No need to do any prep though. All of the ingredient prep is in the instructions and is included in the 15 minute recipe time. Yield 10 cups.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1 and 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 4 cups low or no-sodium beef broth
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 large dill pickle
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup small pasta (one that cooks in 4–5 minutes)
- 1 cup pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- Measure the oil into a large pot or Dutch oven. Heat it over medium-high. Add the beef, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir. Cover and cook.
- Measure the broth into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Chop the onion. Add half of it to the beef. Stir and cover. Stir occasionally until the beef is cooked through.
- While the beef is cooking, chop the tomato, pickle and bacon.
- Add the bacon to the beef along with the hot broth, diced tomatoes with their juice, ketchup and mustard. Increase heat to high. Stir and cover until it comes up to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the pasta. Simmer stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Taste and add more salt or pepper if desired.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with the remaining chopped onion, tomato, pickle and shredded cheese.