A quick and delicious 15 Minute Bacon Cheeseburger Soup with all the flavors of a traditional burger. Who wouldn’t love that?
Inspiration for my soup recipes often comes from other dishes that aren’t soup at all. For instance, that’s where the idea for my past Pizza Soup came from.
There are more details about this cheeseburger soup below, or you can click here to jump straight to the recipe.
Ingredients For Cheeseburger Soup
Today’s soup is also inspired by a non-soup dish. It’s a Bacon Cheeseburger Soup. It’s based on the idea of a basic Hamburger Soup but with the flavors you find on burgers.
There’s ground beef and beef stock, of course. But there’s also bacon, onions, tomatoes and even ketchup, mustard, and pickles. It’s amazing how much it tastes like a burger. Plus shredded cheese to go on top or it wouldn’t be a cheeseburger!
Oh, if you don’t have pickles on hand, you can make these quick dill pickles. They’re a bit fresher tasting than regular pickles, but I find that works really well in this soup.
Adding Flavor To Soups Quickly
My Souper Tip for the soup, the thing that makes it so delicious so quickly, is mustard. Mustard is an amazing ingredient in cooking. It has lots of tang and a little bit of heat. It can really round out the flavors.
Today’s soup has basic ballpark mustard because it’s what you normally put on a burger. But my favorite is Dijon. Try adding a bit of Dijon to other soups and you’ll quickly see what I mean. Start with just a teaspoon or two for a pot of soup. Taste and decide if you want more or not.
For more amazing soup recipes that come together super fast, check out all my Quick Soup recipes.Print
A big pot of soup full of all the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger. Everyone’s going to love this one. A lot.
To make this soup in under 15 minutes first read through the recipe. As you read gather together all of the ingredients, tools, pots and pans that you’ll need so that everything is at your fingertips. No need to do any prep though. All of the ingredient prep is in the instructions and is included in the 15 minute recipe time.
Yield: 10 cups
Listen to me briefly talk about how to make this Bacon Cheeseburger Soup, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 large dill pickle
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup small pasta (one that cooks in 4–5 minutes)
- 1 cup pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- Measure the oil into a large pot or Dutch oven. Heat it over medium-high. Add the beef, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir. Cover and cook.
- Measure the stock into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Chop the onion. Add half of it to the beef. Stir and cover. Stir occasionally until the beef is cooked through.
- While the beef is cooking, chop the tomato, pickle, and bacon.
- Add the bacon to the beef along with the hot stock, diced tomatoes with their juice, ketchup and mustard. Increase heat to high. Stir and cover until it comes up to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the pasta. Simmer stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Taste and add more salt or pepper if desired.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with the remaining chopped onion, tomato, pickle, and shredded cheese.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
This post originally appeared in April 2015 and was revised and republished in January 2023.