Pizza Soup has all the flavors of pizza in a bowl, with a side of mozzarella cheese toast for that stringy cheese factor. Plus, it’s ready in fifteen minutes.
This pizza soup recipe is amazing. All the cheesy, tomato-y, meaty, veggie flavors of pizza in a bowl, with a side of mozzarella cheese toast to satisfy all my cravings. The best part is that this soup is ready in under 15 minutes. That’s quicker than delivery and it’s even quicker than cooking a frozen pizza, so now it can be pizza night anytime.
Get tips below for making this soup quickly or click here to head straight to the recipe.
Making Pizza Soup
The liquid for this soup is part beef broth (for extra meaty flavor) and part tomato sauce (for pizza flavor). To that you add canned diced tomatoes, black pepper, and oregano. While that’s heating up you sauté some sliced mushrooms, green pepper, and onion. Add some pepperoni and pre-cooked bacon to the veggies to heat them through and then stir it into the hot soup. Garnish with cheese and the soup is ready!
While the soup is cooking you toast some bread, add some mozzarella to it, and then broil it until melted. The bread + cheese alternating with the soup makes it really taste like you’re eating pizza. I’m in love with this soup!
Making Soup In 15 Minutes
The SouperTip that makes this soup so delicious so quickly is the use of lunch meat or cold cuts, in this case, pepperoni. Lunch meats don’t need to be cooked. They are therefore a quick way to add flavor and protein to your soup recipes.
Pepperoni is ideal for this soup because it’s a Pizza Soup. But I often use ham as the main meat in a soup. Another great one to try is chopped up salami, the kind that has lots of black pepper. It adds a ton of flavor to your soups with very little time needed on your part. Read more simple tips for making delicious soups quickly over here.
More Recipes For Pizza Cravings
Sure, you could absolutely make pizza with this great pizza dough recipe. But honestly, I usually don’t have the patience to make a homemade pizza from scratch. That’s why I make one of these pizza recipes instead.Print
15-Minute Pizza Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
This quick and easy soup has all the flavors of pizza in a bowl. It’s served with mozzarella cheese toast. The soup and toast are both ready in under 15 minutes making this a perfect meal for a busy weeknight. Or for you family’s next pizza night!
Note: To make this recipe in 15 minutes, read through it before you begin and gather together all of the ingredients, tools, pots and pans that you will need. You do not need to prep any ingredients though. All prep is within the instructions of the recipe and count towards the 15 minutes.
Listen to learn how to make this recipe, along with some great tips from Christine:
- 3 cups low or no-sodium beef broth
- 1 (28 oz. can) petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp. coarse black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (buy them sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 4 slices pre-cooked bacon (buy it cooked)
- 4 oz. sliced pepperoni
- ½ of a loaf of Italian bread (approx.)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (buy it already grated*)
- Turn on the broiler and position the rack 6-8 inches from the heat source.
- Put a large pot or Dutch oven on high heat. Add the broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, and black pepper. Stir and cover. When it comes to a simmer, reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the mushrooms. Stir. Chop the green pepper roughly and add it to the mushrooms. Stir.
- Chop the onion and add it as well. Stir. Chop the bacon and add it. Chop the pepperoni and and add it. Stir. Stir occasionally until onions and peppers are softened a bit.
- Cut the bread into 4 thick slices. Put the bread on a broiler pan and put it under the broiler to toast it lightly. Remove and flip it over.
- Put 1/4 cup of the cheese onto each bread slice. Return it to under the broiler just until melted and browned in spots, 1-3 minutes.
- Stir the mushroom mixture into the soup. Ladle into bowls and top each serving with some of the remaining cheese. Serve with the cheese toast.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*There is time when making this recipe to grate the cheese yourself. Grate 1 cup while the bread is toasting and the other cup while the cheese toasts are broiling.
This post originally appeared in November 2014 and was revised and republished in February 2023.
Leave a Reply