The Best Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting COOKtheSTORY!
This is the best hashbrown casserole out there. It’s cheesy, creamy and, the best part, it’s really easy to make.
Have you had hashbrown casserole before? Maybe at a restaurant like Cracker Barrel. Or maybe at a breakfast potluck. I’m sure you’ve tried it. And I’m sure you loved it. How could you not? It’s a potato carb fest made out of shredded potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, and cheddar cheese, all baked together under a crunchy top.
To make this potato delight, you mix together store-bought frozen shredded hashbrowns with a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (or you can use this homemade condensed soup instead), a cup of sour cream, cheddar cheese, a chopped onion and some salt. Then you put it into a 13×9 pan and top it with crushed crackers. Cheesy ones like Ritz. Give it a little blast of cooking spray and bake it until it’s heated through and brown on top. Then try to not eat it all before breakfast time!
If you don’t want to use canned condensed soup in this recipe, you can make your own. Here’s the recipe.
- 1 bag (1.75lbs) of frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 and 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cheesy crackers like Ritz, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 13×9″ pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine hashbrowns, soup, 1 and 1/2 cups cheese, sour cream, onion, and salt.
- Spread hashbrown mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese and then with crackers. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until heated through and browned on top, 20-25 minutes.
Leave a Comment