Cranberry Sauce Muffins
If you have leftover cranberry sauce on Black Friday, you have GOT TO try these cranberry sauce muffins. This post is sponsored by Stonyfield and King Arthur Flour.
I have a thing for cranberry sauce. It’s pretty much an obsession. It started a few years ago when I accidentally opened two cans of cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving dinner. Of course only like 1/4 of one can got used and I refused to throw it all out. It went into the fridge. All that leftover cranberry sauce. I just had to figure out how to use it up. That led me to this list of 12 Ways to Use Leftover Cranberry Sauce.
After that, I kept coming up with more ideas. I’ve mixed cranberry sauce with horseradish and put it on steaks while they grilled. I’ve put it into a smoothie and I’ve swapped it with dates for a delicious twist on Matrimonial Slice. And now I’ve added it to muffins.
These muffins not only have cranberry sauce, they also have Greek yogurt. It adds so much creaminess and richness. And moisture. Man, are these muffins ever moist. I used Stonyfield’s Non-Fat Greek Yogurt but you could use their Whole Milk Greek or Grass Fed Whole Milk Greek instead. All of their Greek yogurts are delicious.
King Arthur Flour was kind enough to send me some of their 100% Organic All-Purpose Flour for making this recipe. It’s made of organic hard red and spring wheats and can be used in any recipe calling for “flour” or “all-purpose flour.”
These cranberry sauce muffins are a cinch to make and are a great use for leftover cranberry sauce. Once you make them though, I’m betting you’ll be opening tins of sauce just to make muffins. Yes, they’re that good!
If you have leftover cranberry sauce on Black Friday, you have GOT TO try these cranberry sauce muffins.
- 2 cups all purpose flour, such as King Arthur 100% Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, such as Stonyfield Non-Fat Greek
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (canned or homemade)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 12 standard-size muffin tins (like these) with paper liners.
- In a large bowl comgine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, cranberry sauce, olive oil, egg and vanilla. Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Scoop into the muffin liners, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake until lightly browned on top and a toothpick in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25-28 minutes.
Disclosure: I’m a Brand Ambassador for Stonyfield meaning that they compensate me to promote their products on my blogs and in social media. King Arthur Flour sent me flour to create this recipe. All opinions are my own.
Leave a Comment