These little morsels are the perfect easy appetizers to keep you eating and having fun with your company without worrying about over-indulgence. Today’s recipe is for Apricot Canapés with Goat Cheese, Almonds, and Rosemary.
Finding delicious but healthy appetizer recipes can be hard. But I’m determined. It’s important. Thankfully, I think I’ve figured out a pretty good healthy appetizer strategy. This easy and healthy canapé recipe is sweet, tangy, salty, and herby all at once because of the apricots and goat cheese. A single bite hits so many taste buds that you’d never know it was good for you!
Oh, j’adore les canapés!
Apricot Canapés Are Perfect For Entertaining
I love these because they’re portioned so they’re so darned pretty. We eat with our eyes first. Having a pretty morsel in front of me, even if it’s a healthy one, makes me feel like I’m indulging even if I’m not. How satisfying!
I’ve constructed this recipe such that it makes 8 little canapés. But you’ll see that it is extremely simple to adjust it to make any number that you want. The apricots really are the perfect base because they’re thick enough to hold what you want on them & have that sweetness to them that really compliments the cheese.
Have I convinced you to try them? – ChristinePrint
These little morsels are the perfect easy appetizers to keep you eating and having fun with your company without worrying about over-indulgence. Plus, the recipe is easy to size up to create the perfect amount.
- 8 whole dried apricots
- 2 tsp. goat cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 salt-roasted whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 8 fresh rosemary leaves
- Place the apricots on a serving plate.
- Top each one with a little 1/4 teaspoon scoop of goat cheese and smoosh it down a bit. Grind some pepper over the whole plate.
- Using the goat cheese as the glue to which your remaining items will stick, sprinkle each bit of goat cheese with one-eighth of the almonds (a good pinch on each one is about right) and then gently press on two rosemary leaves.
This post originally appeared in May 2013 and has been revised and republished in December 2018.