When making this recipe, you essentially get a tube of biscuit dough that should make 8 biscuits and from it you get 32 little biscuits. There’s a certain process to cut the biscuit dough to make that happen and it is explained in the instructions below. The recipe can be halved easily but you’ll have extra biscuit dough. Yield 32 canapes.
- 1 refrigerated tube of biscuit dough that yields 8 biscuits
- 3 tbsps horseradish sauce*
- 8 slices of deli counter corned beef** (the slices should be on the thick side, about 1/8″ each), cut into 1/2″ strips
- 32 little sprigs of fresh dill
- Preheat your oven as instructed on the biscuit packaging. Open the package. Separate the biscuit dough into 8 rounds. Lay a round of biscuit dough in front of you. Cut it in half from top to bottom so that you now have two semi circles of biscuit dough. Take the two pointed ends of one semi-circle and pinch them together. Use your fingers to smooth the pinched semi-circle into a circle and then transfer it to your baking sheet. Repeat with the other semi-circle and then cut, shape and transfer the remaining rounds of dough. Bake the biscuits as instructed on the packaging, checking them 2 minutes earlier than directed. If they’re nice and golden brown, they’re done. If not, let them go for another minute or two. Remove from heat.
- Once the biscuits are cool enough to handle, get a biscuit in front of you and hold a knife parallel to the counter surface. Use the knife to slice through the center of each biscuit so that each mini-biscuit becomes two open-faced circles. Spread 1/4 teaspoon of horseradish sauce onto the top of each half. Lay 3 or 4 strips of corned beef over the horseradish and then top with a sprig of dill.
- Eat them up!
- Recipe can easily be halved or doubled!