Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas are ready in 30 minutes and require little effort once they are cooking, giving you plenty of time to gather fajita fixings and set the table.
Cooking a batch of shrimp fajitas in the air fryer takes just about as much time as it does on the stove, with all of the same lightly charred veggies and shrimp you love, but without the fuss and stirring.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
I’ve used tri-colored bell peppers in this recipe, but you can use just one color or your favorite combination. You’ll also need a large onion, up to you whether you prefer red onion or yellow.
Look for jumbo shrimp or U-21/30 shrimp (which means there are 21 to 30 shrimp per pound), either fresh or frozen. If using frozen, thaw the shrimp before making this recipe and pat dry with paper towels.
For the seasoning, I’ve used a combination of cumin, garlic powder, and salt. You can also use 2 tablespoons of your favorite store-bought or homemade fajita seasoning which tends to include more spices like paprika and chili powder. Whichever you choose, divide the seasoning equally between the vegetables and shrimp.
The veggies take longer to cook than the shrimp, so they will get a head start in the air fryer.
How To Make Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas
To make the shrimp fajita filling, combine the cumin, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl and set this aside. In a medium bowl add the sliced peppers and onion, and spray with olive oil spray until well coated. If you don’t have olive oil spray, you can substitute with ¼ teaspoon of olive oil. Add half of the seasoning mixture to the bowl and toss to coat the vegetables.
In a second medium bowl add the shrimp, spray with olive oil spray or add ¼ teaspoon of olive oil, and toss to coat. Then add the remaining seasoning mixture and toss until the shrimp are well coated in the seasoning. Set this aside for a few minutes while the vegetables get their head start in the air fryer.
Transfer the peppers and onions to the air fryer basket and set the air fryer temperature to 400°F. Insert the air fryer basket into the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the shrimp to the air fryer basket and, using tongs or a spoon, mix everything together so that the shrimp and vegetables are well combined. Return the basket to the air fryer and cook 10 minutes more. The vegetables and shrimp will have lightly charred edges, just like as if they were cooked on the stovetop.
Serving Shrimp Fajitas
This recipe is best when served immediately. I like to put out a big platter of warm tortillas, fresh cilantro, lettuce, sliced avocado, crumbled queso fresco, plus salsa and sour cream. You’ll definitely want fresh lime wedges to squeeze lime juice on top of the shrimp and veggies! Then let everyone make their own and enjoy.
More Fajita Recipes
If you love these air fryer shrimp fajitas, you’re going to want to try these fajita recipes as well:
- Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- Classic Shrimp Fajitas
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Fajita Dinner
- How To Make Fajita Veggies
- Vegetarian Fajitas
Enjoy! – Christine :)Print
Serve with warm tortillas, fresh cilantro, lime, avocado, and queso fresco and any other favorite fajita fixings.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make these fajitas, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt divided
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large onion, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, fresh or frozen*
- In a small bowl combine garlic powder, cumin, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add bell peppers and onion. Spray generously with olive oil spray. Add half of the cumin mixture, toss to coat.
- In a second medium bowl add shrimp and spray generously with olive oil spray. Add remaining cumin mixture, toss to coat. Set aside.
- Transfer seasoned vegetables to air fryer basket. Set air fryer temperature to 400°F. Place air fryer basket into air fryer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp to air fryer basket, mix with peppers and onions. Return air fryer basket to air fryer, cook 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.
*frozen shrimp should be thawed first