Who knew you could use the air fryer to make chicken fajitas for dinner? All you have to do is combine sliced chicken, peppers, and onions with fajita seasoning in the tray.
It’s no secret that I love my air fryer. Even though I’m not a fan of many fried foods, I love the way it cooks and crisps things quickly. This air fryer chicken fajita dinner comes together in a pinch and the chicken strips are so juicy in the middle.
What Are Fajitas?
Fajita is a Tex-Mex dish that includes grilled meat that is served on a tortilla. Skirt steak was the first meat used for this dish, but now a variety of meats are used – including chicken. We even have a vegetarian version! Onions and peppers are usually cooked with the meat and other toppings can be added at the table if you’d like – think cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
Chicken Fajitas In The Air Fryer
It’s really easy to make these chicken fajitas. All you have to do is slice chicken, peppers, and onion and coat them with olive oil and my favorite fajita seasonings – chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
Once everything is coated with a little bit of oil and seasonings, you pour the mixture into the tray of the air fryer and let it cook for about 18 minutes. I always check my food in the air fryer frequently because it can cook quicker than you think from time to time.
Fajitas are traditionally wrapped in tortillas, but feel free to get creative. You could always make a rice bowl or a salad instead. This really is a perfect quick dinner or meal prep solution!
Who knew you could use the air fryer to make chicken fajitas for dinner?
Serve with tortillas (or over rice or lettuce) and with any desired toppings – such as salsa or sour cream.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Combine the sliced chicken and vegetables in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, chili powder, salt, cumin, pepper, and cayenne.
- Toss to combine and pour the contents out into the tray of an air fryer.
- Slide the tray into the air fryer and cook at 360°F for 16-20 minutes, checking and stirring halfway through.
- Once the fajitas have finished cooking, serve them in tortillas, over rice, or over a salad with desired toppings.