Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Dip for Fruit
This chocolate fruit dip is delicious, easy, HEALTHY and it only takes a couple minutes and a few ingredients to make. The basic ingredients are Stonyfield Greek yogurt, cocoa, brown sugar and cinnamon. So if you’re looking for a perfect Valentine’s Day treat that isn’t too bad for you but is too decadent, you’ve found it!
I don’t enjoy baking. Or making desserts. It’s not something I can explain. It’s just the truth.
But even though I don’t like to make desserts, I do like to *eat* desserts.
When I crave something dessert-like I need it to be effortless. And given the number of calories I swallowed over the holiday season, I also need it to be healthy.
That’s why I invented this chocolatey, decadent yet healthy fruit dip made of Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt, cocoa and brown sugar.
Oh, and there’s an optional pinch of cayenne to give this fruit dip pizzazz.
It’s so good.
I swear, it’s the easiest and tastiest thing I make when friends visit. Just mix and serve. Even I don’t mind doing that!
If you actually want to splurge a bit more for Valentine’s Day, like, you want some cream cheese instead of yogurt, I get that. And I have just the thing for you. Check out this Red Velvet Cheese Ball. Yes. Really.
OK, now let’s dig into this chocolate yogurt fruit dip!
Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip with Cinnamon
This fruit dip is easy to make, healthy AND decadent. It's the perfect dip to make when company is coming over for coffee or drinks. The cayenne pepper in the recipe is optional. Try adding a tiny pinch, mix it in and then taste. You shouldn't be able to tell it's there. It's just a little background tingle that makes the dip extra special.
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- fresh berries, marshmallows and sweet biscuits (for dipping)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until it is an even dark color and all of the brown sugar granules have dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh berries, marshmallows and sweet biscuits for dipping.
Disclosure: This post originally contained a giveaway. Simply Organic and Stonyfield provided the items for giveaway and also provided me with an identical herb and spice gift pack and yogurt coupons for my own use. All opinions are my own.
This post was originally published in December, 2013. Revised January 2016.
75 Responses to “Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Dip for Fruit”
- Edamole: Guacamole recipe with edamame, not avocado!
- How to Make Delicious Bean Dip Recipes - a video tutorial
- Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip
- 5 Awesome Fruit Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth | Noom Inc.
- These 49 Creamy Dips Put Guac and Hummus to Shame - Perfect Your Lifestyle
- Over 35 Healthy and Delicious Yogurt Dips
- 90+ Healthy Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Dessert - Ari's Menu
- Super Bowl Healthy Eats | Grounded & Surrounded
- Pots de Chocolat with Greek Yogurt - Easy Chocolate Desserts
- 85 Chocolate Lover's Recipes | Chef in Training
- Lemon Pound Cake Kebabs with Yogurt Dip - It's Yummi!
- American Chocolate Week – Recipes Roundup
- 15 Sexy Chocolate Dips For Valentine’s Day
- Fruit Dip: Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Dip with Cinnamon « We Live Social
- Breakfast and inspiration | The lovely chitchat