Roasted Shrimp can be served as an appetizer, over pasta, or tossed into a salad. It’s as versatile as it is quick and easy.
Why Should I Roast Shrimp?
Roasting is one of the quickest and easiest ways to prepare shrimp. The high, dry heat of the oven cooks the shrimp by surrounding the food evenly with heat, which means they cook uniformly and remain juicy. Of course, you need to mind the time because they cook so quickly.
I generally have a bag of shrimp in my freezer for those days when I need to get a meal on the table quickly. Even if I haven’t pre-thawed the shrimp, it only adds 5 minutes to the prep time when I use this quick-thaw method.
How To Make Roasted Shrimp
The preparation and ingredient list for this recipe are both super simple. That’s what makes it so appealing. The shrimp are tossed with olive oil and salt and pepper and then placed on a baking sheet in a single layer. The single layer is important. If the shrimp are piled on top of each other, they will not cook properly. So just make sure that you spread them out on the sheet before you put them in the oven.
The shrimp go into the hot oven – 400˚F – and will be ready to pull out in 6 – 8 minutes. That’s it! Juicy shrimp ready to serve with your favorite sauce, over pasta or alongside risotto or toss into a salad in less than 20 minutes.
Want more ways to prepare shrimp? Here you go.
Enjoy! – Christine :)Print
Roasted Shrimp can be served as an appetizer, over pasta or tossed into a salad. It’s as versatile as it is quick and easy.
- 1 lb. medium sized (36 – 40 count) peeled and deveined, tails on
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the shrimp, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast until the shrimp are just pink and cooked through, about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce, over buttered noodles, or in a salad.