This summer corn salad recipe is sweet, creamy and spicy all at once. Perfect for your summer BBQs!
- 3 cups of corn (you can either shave it* from 3–4 cobs of corn or defrost some frozen)
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped red onion (green onions work too!)
- 2–3 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced (decide how many jalapenos to use based on how spicy you like things)
- a handful of cilantro leaves, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF, if serving warm.
- In a medium casserole dish, combine the corn, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Squeeze the cream cheese and butter into a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Stir. Repeat until the butter is melted and the cream cheese is soft. Stir for a while until they are fully incorporated together and smooth (not curdled-looking at all).
- Pour the hot sauce over the corn mixture. Stir. Serve at room temperature or cover and bake for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.
This recipe can be made ahead and then refrigerated before baking but it will then take a little bit longer to heat through. If you leave it in your fridge and forget about it until after the steaks are ready, no worries. You can heat it in the microwave! Two minutes on high then stir. Repeat until heated through.
If you choose to use corn on the cob, cook it first and then shave the kernels off.