If you’re having friends over for New Year’s Eve, a delicious and festive drink solution is to serve a Champagne punch. Pour the ingredients into a pretty bowl and get ready for the countdown!
This Champagne Punch is really easy to make and only has 3 ingredients, including the Champagne! It’s just Champagne, ginger ale, and orange liqueur.
Customize Your Champagne Punch
If you want to make it prettier, you can add two more ingredients, frozen cranberries and basil leaves. They add a really pretty holiday touch and the basil is truly truly delicious in there.
If you use a dry sparkling wine, the punch is not very sweet. And because it is half wine and half ginger ale, it’s not very strong. You can easily sip on it all night long.
For the sparkling wine, go with a prosecco, the Italian version of Champagne, and look for either the word brut or dry on the label.
Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve! – Christine :)Print
This is a fun, festive and easy punch flavored with cranberry, orange, and ginger ale flavors.
- 1 (750ml) bottle of cold dry sparkling wine (a brut Prosecco, Cava, or Californian is a good bet)
- 3 cups of cold ginger ale
- 1 oz, (that’s 2 Tbsp.) orange liqueur (like Triple Sec)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 30 frozen cranberries
- Pour the sparkling wine into a punch bowl. Slowly add in the ginger ale and the orange liqueur.
- Add the basil and frozen cranberries (if using) or a few handfuls of ice.
This post originally appeared in December 2013 and was revised and republished in December 2016.