12 Ways to Use Leftover Cranberry Sauce
If you have leftover cranberry sauce, read on because I have delicious and simple uses for leftover cranberry sauce to share with you.
We tend to think of Cranberry Sauce as a condiment for turkey and not much else. But actually, with its sweet tart taste cranberry sauce can be used in a variety of recipes.
Since it’s packed with seasonal flavor, and since I’m betting that you have a plastic-wrap-covered bowl of it in your fridge right now (or a spare tin in your pantry), I thought that the day after Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to share with you all the things I do with cranberry sauce.
Here are six simple uses for cranberry sauce:
1) Pretend it’s jam and spread it on toast. Cranberry sauce will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Store it in a jam jar in the fridge and then pull it out in the mornings to add a festive feel to your toast. It tastes amazing with peanut butter or with cream cheese or on its own.
2) Flavor plain yogurt with cranberry sauce. Simply add cranberry sauce a tablespoon or so at a time to your plain yogurt until you get the intensity of flavor that you’d like.
3) Use it as a warm sauce for sweets. When cranberry sauce is warmed up it’s not as thick as when cold. It then makes a festive and fun sauce for ice cream and cakes.
4) Use it to make pink and pretty whipped cream. Cranberry sauce is a delicious addition to whipped cream. Whip the cream as normal until it forms stiff peaks. Fold some of the whipped cream into the cranberry sauce. Fold in the remaining whipped cream. Use the cranberry whipped cream to top fruitcake and other holiday desserts or use it on hot chocolate.
5) Use it as a glaze for poultry and meats. We know that cranberry sauce goes with turkey. But it also goes with chicken, pork and beef. Try baking chicken breasts or pork chops and then brush with cranberry sauce 5 minutes before they’re done, longer for a more caramelized exterior. You can also use cranberry sauce as a glaze for meatloaf (think turkey meatloaf with cranberry sauce glaze).
6) This is my favorite use for leftover cranberry sauce: Add leftover cranberry sauce to homemade or bottled barbecue sauce. Use it wherever you normally use barbecue sauce to instantly add a autumnal twist to your summer favorites.
Here are 6 recipes that use cranberry sauce:
Cranberry Black Pepper Sweet Rolls by Daily Waffle
Cranberry Sauce Smoothie by Cook the Story
Bite Size Cranberry Walnut Tarts by Good Life Eats
Cranberry Oatmeal Bars by Cook the Story
Cranberry Sauce Muffins by Kitchen Treaty
Cranberry and Cheddar Grilled Cheese by Oh My Veggies (includes more great ways to use leftover cranberry sauce as well)
Do you have a fabulous use for cranberry sauce? I’d love to hear all about it. Scroll down to the comment section to fill me in.
24 Responses to “12 Ways to Use Leftover Cranberry Sauce”
- 30+ Homemade Recipes for Cranberry Sauce
- 21+ Uses for Leftover Gravy
- CHRISTMAS DINNER DOESN’T HAVE TO COST A FORTUNE – READ THESE 10 TIPS! | DGWGO
- Brie, Pear and Cranberry Pizza Bread
- Chunky Cranberry Sauce - Dig In With Dana
- Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce
- 19 Creative Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes -
- Pan-Fried Steak with Cranberry Horseradish Glaze
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars: A Very Easy Dessert Recipe
- 20 Baked Brie Recipes Including Baked Brie with Cranberry & Basil
- A Smoothie Recipe Made With Leftover Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Tapioca | RecipeReminiscing
- 30 Vegetarian Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes | Kitchen Treaty
- Canning the Thanksgiving Leftovers | Prepper Podcast Radio Network