Holiday Gift Idea: Christmas Coffee Blend
It’s December, so I’m helping you out with some Homemade food gift ideas. Read on to find out how to make your own Christmas Coffee Blend.
Please! Somebody help me get into the Christmas spirit. I need it early this year.
Why? Partly because I’m on my son’s PTA Board and we’re having our Winter Festival this weekend (if you live near me and have kids you should come! We’ll have a big snow slide, bounce houses, pictures with Santa, a caricaturist, music, kite-making, a Christmas Tree Raffle, and so so much more.
But also my in-laws from the UK and my brother and his family arrive for our early Christmases together next week. This of course means that all of my shopping needs to be done (it’s not!) and the house needs to be decorated (it’s not!) and I need to be channeling the Christmas spirit (I’m not!).
This morning, I posted on Facebook asking what people put into their coffee other than milk/sugar. Somebody mentioned Eggnog. I thought,
Hmmm…If I add Christmas to my coffee and then chug-a-lug maybe the spirit I require will be jolted into me.”
I crushed up some Christmas spices and tossed them into a jar with some ground coffee and then used it to make my morning joe.
The flavor is subtle with just a little something special added to my cup. I think it’s making a difference because I found myself heading for the garage in search of the Christmas tree and I might have been humming Jingle Bells as I went.
Because the cinnamon sticks are left chunky in this homemade coffee blend, it looks really pretty in a jar. This makes it the perfect homemade food gift that you could give as a hostess gift or as a Christmas gift to someone with a caffeine addiction.
Another favorite hot Christmas drink to try is this Candy Cane Hot Chocolate!
And here’s my recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate Powder Mix along with my top 10 holiday hostess gift ideas:
Finally, here’s the easy Christmas coffee blend recipe
Happy Holidays! -Christine xo
Christmas Coffee Recipe
This recipe makes enough for one big coffee gift or you can divide it into smaller jars and give it to a few people. Or just keep it all to yourself and jolt yourself into the holidays along with me!
- 4 cups dark roasted ground coffee
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 80 whole allspice berries
- 40 whole cloves
- 20 whole black peppercorns
- Pour the ground coffee into a large jar or container that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Into a mortar, break up the cinnamon sticks a bit using your fingers. Add the remaining ingredients and then use a pestle to gently crush everything up. You want the cinnamon sticks to still be in chunky pieces and most of the other spices to be less-than-whole but not powdery. (Be careful not to crush too forcefully as the little allspice berries like to come jumping out of the bowl and onto the floor, which is annoying if you don't notice them there and then find them stuck to your feet later on).
- Add the crushed up spices to the coffee in the jar. Put the lid on and shake it all up.
20 Responses to “Holiday Gift Idea: Christmas Coffee Blend”
- Homemade Food Gift: Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Mix
- 10 Best Hostess Gift Ideas and Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe
- Last-Minute Homemade Christmas Food Gifts | Encore Life Magazine | Better Living In The Second Stage of Life
- 15 Homemade Food Gift Ideas For Family And Friends | Aggie's Kitchen
- Sustainable Seafood Giftpack Giveaway and an Informative Salmon Video : Cook the Story