Jalapeño Popper Dip
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting COOKtheSTORY!
This dip has all the flavors of jalapeño popper appetizers, is WAY easier to make, and I guarantee you will be the hit of the party. It’s a cooking trifecta!
If you like jalapeño poppers but dread the time it takes to make them at home, I think that you’ll be excited about this easy-to-put-together dip with all of the flavors of the popular appetizer. And did I mention one of the tasty additions is bacon?
The ingredients come together in about 15 minutes. And to save even more time, you can buy pre-grated cheese.
I like to remove the ribs and the seeds from the jalapeños, but if you prefer more heat, you can add them to the mixture.
I serve the jalapeño popper dip with tortillas chips; it just seems like the right thing to do. But buttery crackers make great dippers, too.
If I haven’t convinced you to try this recipe yet, how about this? It can be made the day before you plan to serve it. Just refrigerate it after you have assembled it. Don’t bake it quite yet. The day that you want to serve, pop it into a preheated oven and cook as directed. You may need a couple of extra minutes to account for it being cold.
This will become a favorite!
P.S. If you’re a dip-lover, check out my Beer Cheese Dip recipe. It’s one of the most popular recipes on my site, and with good reason. It’s so addictive that I always double the recipe to account for all the “taste tests” that I’ll need to do before serving it! Ha!
This dip has all the flavors of jalapeño popper appetizers, is WAY easier to make, and I guarantee you will be the hit of the party. It’s a cooking trifecta.
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 3 fresh jalapeños, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies, chopped
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro plus additional for garnish
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Mix the cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup Mexican Blend cheese, 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, jalapeños, green chilies, most of the bacon (reserve some for the top), cilantro, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to baking dish (8” x 8” or 10” x 6”) or an 8” cast iron skillet. Top with remaining Mexican Blend cheese and Pepper Jack cheese. Sprinkle the reserved bacon over the top.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with your favorite chips or crackers.
Leave a Comment