A quick and easy recipe that both fish lover and haters will enjoy.
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 thin white fish fillets, such as tilapia
- 3 tsp. mustard, yellow or dijon
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a large pan with foil and spray it with baking spray (or grease it lightly with a dribble of olive oil).
- In a small bowl combine the panko, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Arrange fish fillets in a single layer on pan. Brush tops with the mustard. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture and press gently to help it adhere to the mustard.
- Bake until breadcrumbs are nice and brown, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce onto each fillet and then top each with one-sixth of the cheese. Return to the oven just until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Double check that the fish is flaky and cooked through before serving.