It’s zucchini season. I’m jumping in with a zucchini gratin that’s loaded with garlic and some nice cheesy breadcrumbs. Care to jump in with me?
- 2 medium summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (that’s a 1 pint container)
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, toss summer squash, zucchini, grape tomatoes, and garlic. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Transfer vegetable mix to a pie plate and drizzle with heavy cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix panko, parmesan, and olive oil together. Sprinkle the crumbs over the veggies.
- Bake until the topping is brown, the veggies are tender, and the sauce is bubbling, 20-25 minutes.