There’s nothing easier or tastier than a beef stroganoff made in the slow cooker. Everything goes in, and deliciousness comes out! Serve over boiled egg noodles, rice, mashed potatoes, or thick slices of bread.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 lbs. beef round stewing meat in 1-2 inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup plus 6 Tbsp. unsalted beef stock, divided
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard (optional)
- Into a 6 quart slow cooker, put the onions and then the mushrooms and then the beef.
- Sprinkle beef with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over 1 cup of the unsalted beef stock.
- Cook until meat is cooked through and tender, on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Skim off the fat, if desired.
- Mix together corn starch with remaining 6 tablespoons of beef stock. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker. Stir. Cook for 30 more minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Turn off slow cooker and stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream. Taste, add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in mustard if desired.