This delicious farro recipe is a great side dish with almost any protein. It’s creamy and healthy, and delicious, too!
- 1 and 1/2 cups farro
- 4 cups water, stock or a mixture of both
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. cream cheese or 1/3 fat cream cheese
- Measure the farro into a fine mesh sieve and rinse with cold water. Drain. You can then cook the farro according to any of the methods outlined here. I’m giving instructions for the stovetop method.
- Transfer farro to a medium sized pot that has a lid. Add the water or stock and ¼ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, until it is softened but still chewy. If there is liquid remaining in the pot, drain it off or save it to add to a soup, stew, or sauce.
- While the farro is still hot, stir in the spinach, cream cheese, and a pinch of salt and of pepper. Taste. Add more salt and pepper to taste.