If you’re looking to switch up burger night, look no further than this delectable pan-fried Shrimp Burger recipe!
Listen to learn how to make this recipe, along with some great tips from Christine:[sc name="shrimpburgerrotd"][/sc]
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, minced
- ½ medium onion, minced
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Creole seasoning, divided
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise, divided
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil (olive oil, vegetable oil, or grapeseed oil)
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves, ribs removed
- 4 burger buns, split
- In a small nonstick skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and ¼ teaspoon on the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and just begin to brown, about 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place half of the shrimp and remaining salt in a food processor. Blend on high, scraping down the sides until a smooth, white, fluffy paste has formed.
- Chop remaining shrimp into ¼-inch pieces.
- Transfer shrimp paste and chopped shrimp to a large mixing bowl. Add sauteed vegetables, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of the creole seasoning, and 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise. Stir to combine. Form into four patties, each about 1-inch thick.
- In a nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp burger patties. Cover pan, cook 6 minutes, adjusting heat as needed to prevent burning. Flip burgers, continue cooking uncovered until golden brown on the outside and burgers register 160°F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of one of the burgers, about 6 to 8 minutes more.
- While the burgers are cooking, stir together the mayonnaise and remaining tablespoon of creole seasoning. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To build a burger, add lettuce to the bottom of one of the buns. Place shrimp burger on top of lettuce. Add 2 tablespoons of the creole mayonnaise on top of the shrimp burger and add top bun. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*If using frozen shrimp, thaw before making the recipe.