This easy Salmon Burger recipe relies on things right from your pantry. The exception is the fresh parsley. If you don’t have any on hand, go with a tablespoon of dried dill, a tablespoon of dried parsley, or skip it entirely. The burgers will still be really tasty!
- 12 oz. canned salmon, drained well
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil for frying
- Hamburger buns
- In a medium bowl, combine the salmon, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper, stirring to distribute all ingredients evenly.
- Divide salmon mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each into a tight ball. Using your hands, flatten the ball into a disc about 4-inches in diameter. Smooth any cracks at the edges with the palm of your hand.
- Refrigerate the patties in a single layer for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the oil. Fry the burgers until golden brown and crispy, about 3 – 4 minutes per side, flipping them very carefully.
- Serve patties on toasted buns with your toppings of choice.