Use the reverse sear method for perfect roast beef and serve with your favorite sides.
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 (3 – 4 lb.) beef rump roast, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 220°F.
- Place beef roast on the center of a 13×18-inch sheet pan fitted with a cooling rack. Pat roast dry with paper towels, rub with salt.
- Place sheet pan in oven. Bake about 85 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 110°F for rare, 120°F for medium-rare, 135°F for medium, or 145°F for well.*
- Remove pan from oven, set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add roast, sear well on all sides.
- Remove pan from heat; transfer roast to cutting board, let rest 15 minutes. Slice thin for serving or storing.
*Internal cooking temperatures are not the final serving temperature. Carryover cooking and searing will increase the internal temperature to reach the desired doneness.