Marie Rose is the classic cocktail sauce used in England. It’s creamy and full of flavor, and it’s a great way to add a twist to your shrimp cocktail. The main ingredients are the mayonnaise and ketchup with a pinch of salt. After that, add the other ingredients if you have them and if you want to go the extra distance.
Listen to learn how to make this recipe, along with some great tips from Christine:[sc name="englishprawncocktailrotd"][/sc]
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice (optional)
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- ¼ tsp. hot sauce, like Tabasco (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, and salt. Taste.
- Add any or all of the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper. Stir.