Did you know that you can make roasted peppers in the slow cooker? You can! They turn out with a flavor just like peppers roasted in the oven or over a flame but they’re easier to make, and to peel!
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 5 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- Rub the inside of the slow cooker with the olive oil.
- Add the pepper halves.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the lid. Let the peppers cool.
- Grasp the peel of a pepper half at an edge and gently tug to remove it in one piece. Sometimes the peel doesn’t come off easily. Use a paring knife to remove the peels in these rare cases. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.