These Instant Pot pork chops are quick and easy to make. They are simply seasoned with salt and pepper and are super delicious with a sprinkling of parsley or with your favorite sauce.
- 4 thick pork loin chops, bone-in
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth or water
- Parsley for garnish
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Select the Sauté button to heat the Instant Pot. When “Hot” is displayed, add the olive oil.
- Add the seasoned pork to the Instant Pot and sear both sides making sure the chops do not overlap, approximately 3 minutes per side. You may need to sear the pork in two separate batches.
- Remove the pork from the Instant Pot and set aside on a plate.
- Add the broth or water to the Instant Pot, scraping any bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and lay pork chops on top of the trivet. They can overlap.
- Cover pot, lock on the lid, and set the steam release valve to Sealing.
- Select the Meat/Stew or Pressure Cook button and set the cook time to 5 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle has finished, allow the pot to sit for 5 minutes, and then do a quick release by moving the valve to Venting.
- Garnish with parsley or serve with your favorite sauce.