Try a dry brine for your Thanksgiving turkey! It adds flavor and moisture, plus gives you wonderfully crispy skin.
Listen to learn how to make this recipe, along with some great tips from Christine:[sc name="drybrineturkeyrotd"][/sc]
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. dried sage
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground rosemary
- 1 (10-12 lb.) whole turkey*, thawed
- In a medium bowl whisk together kosher salt, onion powder, sage, thyme, garlic powder, and rosemary until well combined.
- Place turkey on rack in roasting pan. Rub salt mixture all over turkey, including inside the cavity.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 24 to 48 hours.
- Proceed to cook your turkey with your favorite recipe.
*Avoid purchasing a turkey labeled “kosher,” “enhanced,” or “self-basting,” which are typically already brined before packaging.