Homemade Mushroom Gravy is simple to prepare and is the perfect thing to pour over roasts, steaks, and potatoes. It takes less and 30 minutes!
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pt. sliced white mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4–5 dashes Worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Add the butter to a large saucepan over medium heat and let it melt.
- Once melted, add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes, or until translucnet.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the flour and let it cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes to cook out the raw flour taste. Drizzle in the beef broth while stirring constantly.
- Add the heavy cream, Worchestershire, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thick and bubbly.