This chicken cordon bleu recipe is the easiest ever because you stack the ingredients instead of stuffing them inside the chicken. This makes it super quick, even if you’re making a big panful!
Listen to me briefly explain how these Chicken Cordon Bleu Stacks are made, with great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="chickencordonbleustacksrotd"][/sc]
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 (1 oz.) slices ham
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 2 large chicken breasts cut in half)
- 4 (1 oz.) slices Swiss cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the panko, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Lay the 4 slices of ham out on the baking sheet in a non-overlapping layer.
- Take a chicken thigh and unroll it so that it is a flat single-layered piece. Put it on top of one of the slices of ham. Repeat with the remaining chicken thighs.
- Top each chicken thigh with a slice of cheese.
- If using, lay two tomato slice over each piece of cheese, overlapping the tomato slices slightly if needed to make them fit onto the chicken.
- Top each chicken stack with one quarter of the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through to 165F on an instant read thermometer, and bread crumbs are browned, about 20-25 minutes.