Learn how to make the crispiest chicken breasts ever in the air fryer. It’s so easy to do with Panko breadcrumbs, and you don’t need any oil.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper, divided
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Remove the chicken breasts from the packaging and pound them into an even thickness. If your air fryer has a metal rack, set it in the tray. Cooking the chicken on the rack promotes crispy chicken.
- Whisk together flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Pour it out onto a plate.
- Add the egg to a bowl.
- Whisk the Panko breadcrumbs together with the remaining salt and pepper. Pour that out onto an additional plate.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the flour mixture, then the egg, and then the Panko mixture until all of the pieces are coated.
- Lay the chicken on the rack in your air fryer if you’re using one.
- Slide the tray into the air fryer, and turn the dial to 350°F. Set the timer for 22 minutes.
- The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165°F before serving and it will be golden brown and delicious.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
- If you do not have a metal rack for your air fryer, simply place the chicken on the bottom of the tray. However, it will be crispier if you use one.