Learn how to make a flavorful homemade chicken gravy to complete your delicious roast chicken dinner.
- 4 Tbsp. fat from chicken drippings
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups drippings (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Remove your roast chicken from the roast pan and pour pan dripping into a gravy separator.
- Spoon off 4 tablespoons of the fat from the top of the chicken drippings. Add to a medium saucepan. (If you don’t have enough fat, use unsalted butter.)
- Add flour and whisk to combine to make your roux.
- Drizzle in 1/4 cup of the chicken drippings and whisk. Whisk in another half cup. Repeat until all drippings are used. You can use chicken stock or broth if you don’t have enough drippings from your roast chicken.
- Put pan over medium heat and stir often until simmering. Let simmer for a few minutes, then add your seasonings. Wait to add salt to taste until just before serving.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!