Learn how to make Chicken Cordon Bleu from frozen chicken breasts. It’s a perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner idea.
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts that have been frozen individually
- 4 tsp. mustard (yellow or dijon)
- 4 slices black forest ham
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the breadcrumbs, oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme.
- Put the chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet. Spread or brush 1 teaspoon of mustard onto each breast. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, pushing down to help them adhere to the mustard.
- Bake until chicken is 165ºF according to an instant read thermometer, 30-40 minutes. (If using thawed chicken breasts, cook until 165F, about 20-25 minutes).
- Remove chicken from oven. Top each breast with a slice of the ham, folded in half, and then a slice of the cheese, also folded in half. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plates and top with chives if desired.