This is the best burger I’ve ever come across. It’s a homemade burger patty with meat and seasonings, no fillers. It really lets the meat flavor shine!
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make these burgers, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="bestburgersrotd"][/sc]
- 2 lbs. ground chuck (or use lean ground beef for a leaner burger, or a mixture of the two)
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- In a large bowl combine beef, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper just until combined. Do not over-mix or burgers will be tough.
- Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions (you can do 8 instead if you want a smaller patty). Shape each into a tight ball. Use hands to flatten the ball into a disc. Make it thinner in the center. Smooth any cracks at the edges with the palm of your hand.
- Arrange patties on a large plate. If they don’t fit in a single layer use plastic wrap, parchment paper or wax paper to separate the layers. Cook immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to cook (up to 12 hours).
- Heat skillet or grill to medium heat. Cook burgers on the first side until a nice dark sear appears, 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook on the second side until no longer pink inside (it will read 160°F on an instant-read thermometer), 2-6 minutes.