This is the best burger I’ve ever come across. It’s a homemade burger patty with meat and seasonings, no fillers. It really lets the meat flavor shine!
- 2 lbs. ground chuck (or use lean ground beef for a leaner burger, or a mixture of the two)
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- In a large bowl combine beef, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper just until combined. Do not over-mix or burgers will be tough.
- Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions (you can do 8 instead if you want a smaller patty). Shape each into a tight ball. Use hands to flatten the ball into a disc. Make it thinner in the center. Smooth any cracks at the edges with the palm of your hand.
- Arrange patties on a large plate. If they don’t fit in a single layer use plastic wrap, parchment paper or wax paper to separate the layers. Cook immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to cook (up to 12 hours).
- Heat skillet or grill to medium heat. Cook burgers on the first side until a nice dark sear appears, 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook on the second side until no longer pink inside (it will read 160°F on an instant-read thermometer), 2-6 minutes.