There’s nothing as easy as a big pan of baked chicken and veggies for a delicious weeknight dinner. And this recipe is so good you’ll be making it for all your guests too! If using boneless chicken thighs instead of the bone-in ones called for in the recipe, reduce the cooking time from 45 to 30 minutes.
- 3.5 lbs. skinless bone-in chicken thighs (about 8)*
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1–2 red chilies, sliced (don’t even bother to remove the seeds)
- 15 large basil leaves (torn up a bit), plus 10-12 smaller ones for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in a large rimmed pan or baking dish (I use my 12″ cast iron skillet). Topple in the tomatoes. Scatter everything with the chili slices and the 15 large basil leaves. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes to an hour. The chilies and basil leaves will be blackened. But they taste good, don’t worry.
- Scatter the remaining 10-12 basil leaves over top before serving.