Wrapped in bacon with a brown sugar rub, these Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts are a sweet and savory dish perfect for any night of the week.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 – 12 thin sliced bacon
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- If the thickness of the chicken breasts is very uneven, pound them a bit to even things out (see this post for how to do that), keeping the chicken 3/4- to 1-inch thick.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, and chipotle powder.
- Season the chicken with the sugar mixture on both sides.
- Tightly wrap each chicken breast with 2 – 3 slices of bacon overlapping where necessary.
- Place the chicken breasts on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken breast registers 165˚F and the bacon is crispy.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.