This amazing Baba Ganoush starts with whole roasted eggplant and becomes a delicious dip, perfect to serve with pitas.
- 2 large globe eggplants
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 4 and ¼ Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Transfer eggplant and garlic to a sheet pan.
- Using the tines of a fork or tip of a paring knife, poke each eggplant several times to create shallow steam-release holes. Rub eggplant and garlic cloves with ¼ teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Place pan in oven, bake 40 minutes.
- Switch oven from bake to broil. Broil on high 5-8 minutes to char eggplant.
- Remove pan from oven, let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice each eggplant open, scoop flesh into a fine mesh strainer fitted over a bowl, leaving behind the skin. Gently press eggplant to remove excess liquid, set aside.
- In the bowl of a mini food processor or blender pitcher add garlic, remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and salt. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add strained eggplant, then pulse two or three times to incorporate. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 5 days.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!