This potato salad recipe has apples for wonderful crunch and a bit of sweetness. It’s delicious. You got to try it!
- 2 lbs. baking potatoes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (low-fat or regular)
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. neutral-flavored oil, like grape seed or vegetable
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 jazz apples, cored and cut into ½-inch chunks (leave the peel on)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Put potatoes into a medium pot with 2 teaspoons of salt. Cover with cold water. Heat to a boil over high heat, partially covered.
- Uncover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until fork-tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Drain and allow to cool for 15-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl use a fork to whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the celery, green onions, and apples along with the cooled potatoes.
- Stir and serve.