Thanks to a creative cut, the stuffing stays inside these pork chops where it belongs! Get more details on how to cut the pocket and stuff the chops in the post above. Note that if you’re using a box of stuffing, you need to prepare it according to its package directions before using it. If you’re making homemade stuffing, check out my recipe here, just omit the egg.
Listen to learn how to make this recipe, along with some great tips from Christine:[sc name="afstuffedporkchopsupdatedrotd"][/sc]
- 4 (2-in. thick) boneless center-cut pork loin chops
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups prepared bread stuffing
- Olive oil spray
- Working with one chop at a time, secure chop on a sturdy cutting surface, fat side up. Cut a deep slit through the fat and into the chop to create a pocket, leaving about ½-inch uncut on each end. The slit should be deep, but not all the way through. Repeat with remaining chops.
- Sprinkle salt around the chop and inside the pocket.
- Add ½ cup of stuffing into pocket of each chop. Spray lightly with olive oil.
- Set air fryer temperature to 400°F. Arrange stuffed chops upright, with stuffing facing up, in air fryer basket. Lean chops against each of the air fryer basket walls to keep them from falling over during cooking.
- Place basket in air fryer. Cook 15 minutes.
- Turn air fryer off, do not remove basket. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove chops from air fryer, serve warm.