Zoodles with Pesto is an easy, no-cook vegetarian dinner that’s sure to please. No need for a special spiral cutter!
Try serving with grilled chicken or vegetables.
- 6 large zucchini
- ½ tsp. Salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 and ½ cups packed fresh basil leaves, thick stems removed
- ½ cup grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Using a julienne peeler or spiral slicer, create zucchini “noodles.” Place a colander into a large bowl. Transfer zucchini noodles to colander. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of the salt over zucchini, toss to coat; set aside to drain.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with blade attachment add toasted pine nuts and garlic. Cover and pulse until ingredients are well minced.
- Add basil, Pecorino, olive oil, and remaining ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Pulse until all ingredients are finely minced and have formed a thick sauce.
- Discard any liquid that drained from zucchini. Using paper towels, pat zucchini dry; transfer to same bowl used for draining. Add pesto, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.