This broccoli is roasted whole. First peel the stalks according to the instructions above. Then add a bit of oil, some seasoning and put it into the oven until it’s soft on the inside and caramelized on the outside. It’s a perfect vegetable kind of thing!
- 1 head of broccoli broken into 3–4 big stalks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the broccoli stalks and trim off the bottom 1/4-inch of stalk. Rub the heads of broccoli with the cut side of the garlic clove.
- Spray a 13″x9″ pan with olive oil spray. Add the broccoli stalks. Spray them on both sides with more of the olive oil. Season the heads and stalks with the salt and red pepper flakes.
- Roast until the heads darken in places and the stalks are fork tender, 30-35 minutes.