Serve this flavorful dip with naan or pita bread, or with pita chips.
Listen to me briefly explain how this dip made, with great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="whippedfetadipupdatedrotd"][/sc]
- 1 (8 oz.) block of feta, room temperature
- ¼ cup plain cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 cup green olives, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup minced roasted red pepper (about half a 6-oz. jar)
- 1 large tomato, seeded, finely diced
- ¼ cup English cucumber, finely diced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup minced pickled banana peppers
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley or dill
- Make the whipped feta. In the bowl of a food processor add feta, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, oregano, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Cover and pulse three or four times, then run the processor on high until mixture is well combined and almost smooth.
- On a medium platter or large wooden serving board, spoon whipped feta into a mound. Using the back of a spoon, spread across board to about ½-inch thick.
- On top of the feta, layer green olives, red pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and banana peppers.
- Sprinkle remaining salt, pepper, and herbs over vegetables; drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
For a vegan option, substitute the feta and cream cheese for hummus.