This tropical twist on shrimp cocktail is fresh and sweet, with a little heat.
Garnish with finely chopped pineapple and cilantro.
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks, thawed
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 (2-inch round) tomatoes, seeded, roughly chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and chopped roughly
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lb. cooked, peeled, deveined, jumbo shrimp
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add mango, pineapple, jalapeno, red onion, tomato, garlic, salt, and cilantro.
- Cover and pulse until ingredients are saucy with some small pieces remaining. Mixture will be thick.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes; sauce will thin slightly as salt draws out moisture from ingredients.
- Serve cold with cooked and cooled shrimp.