Use this garlic butter to make garlic bread, melt over steamed vegetables, or make a quick pasta side dish.
Note: This recipe originally called for 2 tsp. of garlic powder. We’ve since retested and adjusted the measurements, but are letting you know in case you’ve made it that way before and enjoyed!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 – 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley or 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallot or onion or 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- If freezing, make sure that you leave 1/2 inch of headroom (the space between the butter and the lid) as the butter will expand as it freezes.
- Alternately, you can shape into rolls by placing 1/2 of the mixture on a piece or wax paper and roll into a log, twist the ends to seal. Repeat with remaining mixture, place in the refrigerator until firm and slice to serve. To freeze, place the rolls into a freezer bag.