Once you realize how easy it is to make really good barbecue sauce at home, you might never buy bottled again!
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Combine everything except the salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt to taste and set aside to cool.