Make any party special with sparkling sangria. It’s easy to make a lot of this to serve to guests from a pitcher and it can be made in advance.
- ice cubes
- about 40 frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange (or 2 clementines)
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine
- Put the cranberries in a medium sized bowl and cover with hot tap water to defrost them.
- Once defrosted, drain them and then chop them up. If any juice accumulates on the cutting board try to save it to add to the sangria.
- Similarly, roughly chop the orange and the lemon also saving up any of the juices that squirt out onto your cutting board.
- Fill a 1 and 1/2 liter (50 ounce) pitcher 1/3 full of ice.
- Add the cranberries, orange, and lemon along with any of the accumulated juice.
- Pour in the bubbly.
- Store in the fridge for up to 30 minutes before serving.
- I like to serve this sangria in Champagne flutes but you can use regular wine glasses or martini glasses.